The next Artist’s Way program will be…..
The Artist’s Way — For SINGERS!!!
Course Facilitated by Asher Leigh
Begins: Week of Oct. 1st (exact dates TBA)
- Yearn for more sing-alongs?
- Often find yourself singing in the shower, in the car, or other times by yourself freely, but not when others are around?
- Wish you had a “good” voice?
- Always notice when others are vocally talented, or when they seem to be off-key?
- Have memories of singing freely when you were a little kid?
- Still judge yourself harshly when you hear recordings of your voice?
- Always think that someone else is “better” than you when it comes to music and singing?
And, have you heard of the author Julia Cameron?
She is a creative genius, in case you were wondering. Years ago she began to develop and record a process that she observed to be helping her creative life flourish, which eventually led to her best-selling book and movement, The Artist’s Way.
Since I have begun using The Artist’s Way process myself, my creative life, and my VOICE, have transformed.
Two of the most important things I have committed to (part of Julia Cameron’s process..) have been devoting time for 3 pages of stream of consciousness writing each morning, and scheduling “Artist Dates” with myself every week in the midst of all the “have-to’s” and “should’s” amidst my busy weeks. As I began to dig up all of my limiting beliefs about what I COULDN’T do creatively, I noticed that my life began to transform rapidly. By starting to “unblock” my creative energy, I learned to know a new part of myself — the truest part — that had been hibernating for my whole life.
To be more blunt, I am a singer!!!
Most who know me are probably saying, “Well duh.” But what you should know, is that I did not KNOW and FEEL that I was a singer 3 years ago. It took page after page of digging up old scars, past hurts, and a LOT of anger from a childhood void of the music I really wanted… And numerous time spent alone with my voice to gain comfort and confidence, for me to finally discover this authentic joy that comes most naturally for me.
It wasn’t until I changed the relationship I had with myself, that I could allow my voice to start emerging vibrantly.
The Artist’s Way — a marriage of the creative AND spiritual paths — is a tool for realizing how to live a fulfilling, successful, and sustainable creative life as the person you truly are. The result of this union for anyone who dares to discover themselves, is the knowledge of your true soul’s purpose, and an application of the tools that will allow you to express it fully. This is the process that helped me discover MY VOICE.
It was originally intended by Julia Cameron, that her process would best serve the world if worked through in small groups. In my years of experience working within and leading groups, 8-10 people are ideal for maintaining a positive, supportive, and “creatively juiced” space.
**This group will be for those who EITHER identify as a singer, or would LIKE TO be more open in their identity as a singer. If you like working alongside others through a fun, communal, and focused way, there is a great potential for creative healing to take place for your inner singer here!
IMPORTANT: You do not need to be singing regularly right now, to be a part of this course. The only pre-requisite, is that you ENJOY singing, and want to explore a deeper connection with your voice and how it is used in your life.
Here’s what you can expect during our group meetings:
- Singing. We will be singing together each class in some form or another.
- Artistic goals to be established at beginning of process, towards your creative vision.
- Weekly check-ins regarding morning pages, artist dates, and “creative successes/breakthroughs”
- Facilitated activities — some of which suggested by Julia Cameron in book, and some from the well of Asher Leigh’s creative toolbox
- Discussions about each weekly chapter, including reflections, concerns, experiential observations, etc.
- Application of techniques to assist you with keeping your creative commitments strong and sustainable
- Group expression and exploration exercises, intended to blow your minds and hearts wide open, and to receive acknowledgement for the ways we naturally wish to connect with the world
So what can you expect at the end of a focused 12 weeks?
- Greater confidence singing with and in front of others
- Deeper acceptance of your voice’s natural quality
- Greater ability to speak up for yourself with others
- More focus when interacting with tasks that require self-control
- Sustainable feelings of spaciousness, freedom, and personal power
- Permission to sing joyfully when you want, where you want, and how you want
Here are some other details you may want to know……
SIZE: This group will be closed at 10 participants, to reserve the sanctity of a SMALL group process
COST: $240 for entire series (Must pay $80 upfront to secure your seat. Sequential payments of the same amount can be made each month.)
DISCOUNT: $220 for series, if paid in full.
BOOK: Must purchase the book, The Artist’s Way – by Julia Cameron, and read along with this facilitated group.
ABSENCES: 1 “paid” absence during stretch of course is allowed. To replace this time, you will be gifted a free 30-min. vision session with me, to discuss your creative process and progress. Any other absence will not be reimbursed once your payment is made.
COMMITMENT: You are expected to participate for the entire 12 weeks of this course. Your deposit will need to be received BEFORE you participate in the first class.
I look forward to giving you a safe place to SING, openly and freely, and get the validation your voice needs to thrive. Using your voice is one of the quickest ways to transform your life. And learning the value of this form of self-acceptance is a blessing we all have access to…
Aren’t you curious to see what that looks like, for YOU???